Wellbeing Hub Bonds - More Details
How much are the Bonds?
Bonds are £100 each.
Why should you buy a Bond?
• The Wellbeing Hub is much needed, as our survey has shown, and will, over time, make a big contribution to the wellbeing of residents of Kelsall and surrounding villages. Kelsall will be known as a great village in which to bring up children, live a happy and healthy life and grow older in a supportive community.
• We all benefit in some way from the Community Centre, the Village Institute and the Village Green. All these community assets were funded in the past by contributions from the people of Kelsall. We need to continue this public spirited tradition.
• The Hub will serve everyone from cradle to grave with a wide range of services to address needs that arise at every stage of life; particularly those where the fundamental need is for the company and support of others.
• It is low cost, low risk and in support of a good cause.
• One Bond holder will win £1,000 in a draw when all Bonds have been repaid.
When will you get your money back?
The Wellbeing Hub Bonds are unsecured, interest free loans that will be repaid as our fund raising activities progress.
Once we have reached our target of £115,000, whenever our fundraising activities reach £5,000 we will draw 50 Bonds out of the hat and repay them.
Hopefully - but not guaranteed - all Bonds will be repaid within three years.
Why should you be confident about getting your money back?
We are currently pursuing grants from various sources, including the Council, the Parish Council, the Co-op and the Lottery and similar sources of grants. Additionally we have mobilised the usual sorts of fundraising in the village in which you can participate.
Why do we need to sell bonds?
Construction should start in April 2019. We need to have raised £115,000 by the end of April so that we can instruct the builder to build the Hub.
Many of the avenues we are pursuing for grant funding will not produce the grant money until after April.
How many Bonds can you buy?
You can buy an unlimited number.
What happens if the project doesn’t go ahead?
You get your money back
How can you find out more?
You can email your question to
or telephone Humphrey Claxton on 01829 752905 or Alan Bottomley on 01829 458396 :